Is there anything that says “Connecticut summer” than outdoor concerts on the town green? Growing up, I looked forward to dancing along to the music with my friends all year.
As a parent, I now realize just how kid friendly they are – all you have to do is pack a picnic, and kids can dance and sing (and eat!) to their hearts content. It’s the perfect place for them to enjoy music and just being kids!
Wondering where to find concerts near you? We’ve rounded up a whole bunch! As always- don’t forget to check back for more options all summer long. We’ll keep updating the list as we learn more!
Middlesex and New London Counties:
- June 21: Make Music Day at Wadsworth Mansion: The Wadsworth Mansion opens its grounds for artists in celebration of Make Music Day, a global event that takes place in over one thousand cities.
- Wednesdays in July: Music at the Mansion at Wadsworth Mansion: Each Wednesday in July sit back on the Mansion’s back lawn and enjoy live entertainment.
- Tuesdays June 13- August 15: Mystic Summer Concert series: The Noank-Mystic Community Band will host the 26th annual Summer Sounds concert series in Mystic River Park, Cottrell Street, Mystic on Tuesdays, from June 13 – August 15, 2023. Concerts, which feature a different community music group each week, will begin at 7PM. Admission is free. Bring lawn chairs/blankets and enjoy the music in this beautiful park next to the Mystic Drawbridge!
- Tuesdays July 11- August 8: Portland Summer Concert Series: This free small town summer concert series takes place at Riverfront Park along the Connecticut river.
- Various Wednesdays, June 22-August 24: Cromwell Summer Concert Series: Pack a picnic, grab a lawn chair, and enjoy the show!
- Thursdays June 29-August 24: Colchester Summer Concert Series: Join the Colchester community and enjoy a wonderful “Concert in Park.” Bring your chair, blanket and a friend!
- Various Wednesdays and Fridays July 7-August 13: Rock the Docks Summer Concert series Norwich: Our series dates are every Friday Night Acoustics (starting July 7) from 6:-00 pm -8:00 pm at Norwichtown Green and every Wednesday Night at Howard Brown Park from 6:00 pm-8:00 pm (starting July 12) for 6 Weeks! Enjoy this free family friendly event!
- Various Wednesdays and Fridays, June 14- August 23: Old Saybrook Summer Concert Series: This Summer we will have live music on the Town Green on Wednesdays night starting at 6:30pm and then on 5 Friday nights starting at 7:00pm. Bring a blanket and some chairs, pack a picnic and enjoy a great night of live music.
- Alternating Tuesdays/Wednesdays June 21- August 18: Essex Summer Concert Series: Essex Park and Rec is excited to bring back it’s Summer Concert Series this summer to our Main Street Park and Ivortyon Village Green. Grab your friends and come on down to enjoy the many bands we have to offer. We hope to see you all there!
- Thursdays in July: Summer Concert Series at the Florence Griswold Museum: Pack a picnic, bring your friends, and come out to the Museum for a little mid-week music! Enjoy food, friends, tunes, and a beautiful summer sunset over the Lieutenant River – and it’s all free to you, as a gift to our friends and neighbors. PLUS:
- Friday, July 28: Annual Midsummer Concert at Florence Griswold Museum: Join us Friday, July 28 from 7 to 9pm as the annual free Midsummer Concert returns to the banks of the Lieutenant River. We kick off Old Lyme’s Midsummer Festival in style with this fan favorite event.
- Fridays in July- August: Summer Music Series at Stonington Vineyards, Stonington Meet your friends on a Friday night to enjoy live music.
- Pretty much every day all summer: Ocean Beach Park Concerts
- Wednesdays in July: Glastonbury Riverfront Music Series: This year, four free concerts (co-presented by The Town of Glastonbury & The CT River Valley Chamber of Commerce) are scheduled. The concert will be held at the Welles Street Riverfront Park on the lawn behind the Riverfront Community Center in Glastonbury, CT from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm! Free parking and shuttle service will be available at 180 & 200 Glastonbury Boulevard, which is adjacent to Somerset Square. Feel free to bring picnic supplies and nab a spot near the front. This event is BYOB and family (& pet) friendly. Rest assured, there will be several food trucks on deck to provide dinner, as well as vendors from the Farmer’s Market! If it rains join us the next night!
- Thursdays June 15-July 27: Sounds of Summer at East Hartford’s Great River Park: Enjoy live music with a beautiful view at Sounds of Summer, a family-friendly concert series presented by Mayor Michael Walsh and the Town of East Hartford. Pack a picnic dinner and bring the whole family.
- Tuesdays in July: THE KEENEY KOOLERS CONCERT SERIES in Old Wethersfield: The Keeney Koolers Concert Series are hosted by the Wethersfield Historical Society on three consecutive Tuesdays in July. Performances take place at 6:30 pm on the front lawn of the Keeney Memorial Cultural Center (200 Main Street). Bring a blanket or lawn chairs, a picnic supper, and your dancing shoes. In the event of inclement weather, concerts will move indoors to the ballroom on the second floor of the Keeney Center. Join us before the concerts for even more fun for the little ones. From 5:30pm to 6:30pm Wethersfield Historical Society will be hosting select children’s crafts. Crafts can either be completed on-site or kits can be taken home in a prepared bag.
- Thursdays, July 6-August 24: Windsor Summer Concert Series: Come out for Summer Concerts on the Windsor Town Green on Thursday evenings from 6:30 – 8:30 PM from July 6 through August 24, 2023. Rain dates are always the following Tuesday. Organized by First Town Downtown.
- Thursdays, June 23- Aug 18: South Windsor Concert Series: Enjoy outdoor concerts every Thursday. All concerts will once again be held in Evergreen Walk Park (at the Promenade Shops at Evergreen Walk) and NO pre-registration is required! All concerts are from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM each Thursday, with a rain date of the following Tuesday.
- July 13-July 16: Greater Hartford Festival of Jazz: Jazz Festival in Bushnell Park, featuring both music and food.
- September 9: Heartbeat Music Festival, Hartford: The Hartbeat Music Festival is a free, family-friendly celebration of music and community featuring local and regional bands on three stages, music-making activities, food, beer, and more.
Fairfield and Litchfield Counties:
- Tuesdays June 27- September 12: Trumbull Summer Concert Series: The Town of Trumbull’s Summer Concert Series is presented by the Mallett Trust. Concerts occur Tuesday from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM during the summer at the Town Hall Green and Gazebo. Featuring: Free entry, Live Music, Lawn Seating and Food Trucks.
- Tuesdays, June 13 through Aug 29: Stratford Summer Concert Series: The concerts are performed at the Paradise Green Gazebo on Tuesdays through Aug. 29.
- Tuesdays June 26-August 7: Summer Jam Concert Series: The Claris Construction Inc. Summer Jam Concert Series offers 7 weeks of toe-tapping children’s entertainment. A program of Newtown Parks and Recreation.
- Various Dates all throughout the Summer: Levitt Pavilion for the Performing Arts, Westport: The Levitt Pavilion produces one of the largest and longest-running free outdoor festivals in the nation! Over the course of more than four decades, our Summer Season featuring our signature “50 Free Nights under the Stars” has entertained over 1.5 Million guests
- Various Dates throughout the Summer: Greenwich Summer Concert Series:A wide range of fun family entertainment all summer long.
- July 13, 20, 27, August 3 Alive @ Five: Mill River Park, Stamford Fun summer music series in Stamford.
- Various Dates all Summer: City of Torrington
Tolland and Windham County:
- Sundays June-October: Coventry Farmers Market: Live music at the Coventry Farmers Market.
- Thursdays in June and July: Storrs: Summer Concerts on the Square take place every Thursday in June and July from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM. Free and open to everyone!
- Third Thursdays all summer: Willimantic: Willimantic Street Fest and Third Thursdays : Stop by to enjoy this monthly music festival for families of all ages!
- Thursday evenings in August: Vernon Summer Concert Series: The 2023 Summer Concert schedule will consist FREE outdoor concerts – with free parking (Thursday evenings). No pre-registration is required. The concerts will take place at Henry Park on Frank McCoy Field starting at 6:30pm.
New Haven County
- Fridays in July: Hamden Summer Concert Series: Fridays in July: 7th, 14th, 21st, and 28th at Town Center Park. Music Starts at 7:30.
- Various Dates: See Below: Seymour Summer Concert Series:
- June 3rd The Royal Kings
- June 17th Audacity
- July 1st Silver Steel Pan Band
- July 8th The Barons
- July 22nd Nashville Drive
- August 5th Social Convention
- August 26th The Tradesmen
- September 2nd The Bernadettes
- Various Dates (See Below): Milford’s Walnut Beach Association Summer Concert Series:
- July 30th, 4-7PM – West Rock
- August 6th, 4-7PM – American Honey
- August 13, 4-7PM – Avenue Groove
- August 20th, 4-7PM – The VOID
- August 27th, 4-7PM – Gunn St. Revival
- September 3rd, 4-7PM – Rum Runners