Connecticut Food Bank’s Thanksgiving for All campaign is a series of events and food drives hosted and sponsored by local civic and religious organizations, charitable foundations, businesses, media and supermarkets which help Connecticut Food Bank make Thanksgiving special for thousands of our neighbors in danger of going without a holiday meal. Foodshare serves Hartford and Tolland counties; believes every American should have a turkey at Thanksgiving and food the rest of the year too. But, there are more people in our community who need food than there is food to feed them, and many are at risk of not having a holiday meal.
Foodshare hosts A Turkey and Thirty this year – how can you help?
- Drop off turkeys and $30s at one of our many donation sites or events
- Browse through our Tips & Tools page for resources to help you promote your Turkey and Thirty event this year;
- Donate a virtual turkey and $30 online, or join Foodshare’s monthly giving Turkey Club to help provide our hungry neighbors with a Thanksgiving turkey next year;
- Check out our Turkey Competition Leaderboard (above) to see how your favorite company is faring…(currently listed alphabetically – after Nov. 18, totals will be listed next to the company name) updated daily!
- Other ways to help:
– Volunteer: we need volunteers year-round to help with our ongoing work to end hunger;
– Share your stories: help us celebrate your accomplishments and motivate others to get involved;
– Visit Foodshare: we’d be happy to meet you and give you a tour of our newly expanded facility;
– Host a virtual fundraiser to support Foodshare. Contact us directly for more information.
Bring Thanksgiving meal items to the CT Food Bank warehouse facility closest to you (no fresh turkeys or fresh produce!):
|MAIN OFFICE & WAREHOUSE
150 Bradley Street
East Haven, CT 06512
74 Linwood Avenue
Fairfield, CT 06824
56 Eagle Street
Waterbury, CT 06708
You can help people in need in many ways so learn more http://www.ctfoodbank.org/connecticut-food-bank-news-events/special-events/thanksgiving-for-all. Connecticut Food Bank works to alleviate hunger by supplying food and other resources to food-assistance programs throughout Litchfield, Fairfield, New Haven, Middlesex, New London and Windham counties and promote public awareness about the problem of hunger.
PLEASE TELL US ABOUT A FOOD DRIVE YOU ARE SUPPORTING – GET OTHERS INVOLVED!