March Madness Bracket for Kids & Brackets for Good Connecticut fun and educational for the family and your friends this year while you give back with these ideas! To America, the second Sunday of March (3/17) might as well be called “National Fill Out A Bracket Day” since millions of Americans will get swept up in March Madness for the next three weeks for the NCAA basketball tournament.
Bracket playing together can give back, too — introducing Brackets for Good, a philanthropic organization based in Indiana which enables charitable giving through competitive online fundraising. You can support many, many worthwhile organizations right here in Connecticut ranging from local schools, to small non profits in the areas of mental health and disease, to museums and the arts.
Create your own fun by starting a social sports-themed event like Dude’s Night Out in Bristol Friday night, 3/22 to fill out your brackets and eat stadium food. Or host your own neighborhood gathering and do it as a group.
- You can incorporate math for any grade level with these ideas that include a free printable of jerseys!
- Your kids will enjoy making and savoring these delicious Basketball Krispie treats.
- Use March Madness to help your kids learn about geography!
- Bounce a ball to help your kids remember facts they are learning at school!
- This bracket will help your kids get active!
- Create a tournament of kids books to get your children reading.
- Make a delicious March Madness spread and support your team with these dipped pretzel rods.
- Help your kids fill out a Junior Bracket so they can take part in the fun! ~ mylifeandkids.com
Kids can use the mascots to get involved with a new app designed and created Kelv and Alene Cutler of Utah “Mascot Madness,” an app that kids can use to create a March Madness bracket by using each school’s mascot as a representation of its team. Find on the iTunes App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mascot-madness-family-friendly-march-basketball-tournament/id1090295853?mt=8