- This event has passed.
Nike Yoga Camp at Greenwich Water Club
August 7, 2017 @ 1:30 pm - August 10, 2017 @ 4:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 1:30 pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, repeating until August 25, 2017
Nike Yoga Camp for Kids at Greenwich Water Club offers kids, ages 9-13, the opportunity to improve their yoga practice.
It’s perfect for youth athletes of all abilities! Nike Yoga Camp for Kids covers pose sequences, stretching and injury prevention techniques, guided meditation, and stand up paddle board (SUP) yoga! Nike Yoga Camp for Kids at Greenwich Water Club is the first location to incorporate stand up paddle board yoga to its summer camp schedule! Practice yoga in the GWC studios, showcasing spectacular views, and then take your training outdoors with SUP yoga in Cos Cob’s Mianus River.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. Camp director/staff will modify all poses to suit each individual. Sample daily schedule:
- 1:30 PM Opening Circle/Discuss Theme and Pose of the Day
- 1:45 PM First Practice-Series A & B, Basic Poses, Breathing Techniques
- 2:30 PM Arts and Crafts/Yoga Journal
- 2:45 PM Discussion/Yoga Games
- 3:30 PM Snack Time/Water Break
- 3:45 PM Second Practice-Series A & B, Strength and Flexibility Poses
- 4:30 PM Closing Circle/Review Theme and Pose of the Day
Highlights for Each One Week Session Includes:
- Directed by GWC yoga instructors who specialize in youth athletes
- Two 45-minute daily yoga practices to enhance strength, flexibility and focus
- Includes a Nike Yoga Camp T-shirt and fun prizes!
- Parents are invited to attend the closing ceremony! Departure immediately following the closing ceremony.