- This event has passed.
Homeschool Day at Connecticut Science Center
September 18 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pmSee Description
Homeschool Day at Connecticut Science Center let’s you join other Homeschool teachers and students kick off the school year with hands-on science and learning! Take advantage of the many educational resources we have for you and your children. The Connecticut Science Center provides exhibits, movies and programs to enable hands-on exploration and experimentation for all ages. Our exhibits tie into the State of Connecticut Science Curriculum, and best of all, there’s no chance of blowing up the house.
- Daytime films are 40–45 minutes in length
- There is an additional cost of $6 per film per person
- Click here to learn more about films showing now.
- To learn about Discovery Center Programs, view them on the web. From the Discovery Center website, you can download copies of the Discovery Center Program Packages and see how they align to the Connecticut and Massachusetts Science Standards.
- The minimum class size for the Discovery Center Program is 10 students. Groups with fewer than 10 students will be charged for 10 students.
- There is an additional cost of $7.50 per person per program
- Programs are available Tuesday–Friday
- Lab times: 9:45AM, 11AM, 12:15PM, 1:30PM and 2:45PM
For more information, please call Zac Zemantic at 860-520-2153 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Admission for Homeschool Groups:
- Homeschool groups are eligible for school pricing.
- Groups must have at least 15 people and must make a reservation with the Reservations Center if arriving by bus, booking a Discovery Center Program or reserving a lunch space.
- Start the reservation process by filling out the Field Trip Reservation Request Worksheet.
- Members receive FREE General Admission for one year
- Homeschoolers save 15% on all Membership levels.
- Take advantage of all of the benefits of a Connecticut Science Center Membership! Click here for details.