Kids have fun at the Connecticut Science Center Vacation Exploration Camps … Election Day 2019 added!
Campers in Grades 1-6 will experience hands-on science enrichment through fun and engaging activities. Camps include structured activities with our STEM Educators, as well as supervised free time to explore the Science Center’s galleries and exhibits.
- February 17: Bubble Lab Pop! Can you make different shaped bubbles from a solution of your own creation? Can you make a bubble large enough to step inside? The sky is the limit as we experiment with everything that is – bubbly – at this camp. Campers will also get to join renowned Bubbleologist, Casey Carle, as he performs a special BubbleMania show.
- February 18: Gross! “That’s GROSS!” You’ve never had so much fun with the ooey, gooey, and GROSS things of science! Join us as we investigate the grosser side of the human body and learn why we have snot, what makes us burp, and how scabs form. We will look both inside and out to discover what makes you, YOU. It’s the grosser side of what makes us tick!
Day Camps during school vacation as well as week-long programs in the summer are offered. Each camp’s theme helps develop science concepts, guiding campers to greater understanding of science material and its application to the real world. Kids can explore a different science theme at each camp!
Are today’s toys just not living up to your imagination? Are the standard off-the-shelf options leaving you wanting more? We have the solution! Join us as we become toy creators and invent, prototype, and build the craziest and coolest new toys around. Watch your imagination spring to life as you help reshape and design the future of toys.
Students will be divided into three camp groups based on their age and grade level. Children must be at least 6 years old and in grades 1-6 to attend camp during the school year.
- $62 per day for Science Center members and Corporate members
- $65 per day for employees of businesses in downtown Hartford
- $68 per day for non-members
- Drop off: Campers should arrive between 8 and 8:45AM.
- Pick up: Please pick up your child between 3:30 and 4PM.
- Extended Care: We offer affordable after care from 4 to 5PM. The cost for after care is $10 per child for Science Center members and $15 per child for non-members.
Vacation Science is one of the Science Center’s camps offered in February and April plus all summer long!