It’s the season of sharing and caring. And a wonderful chance to show your children how important it is to help your community. Coat Drives for Connecticut help others in need at the start of the colder weather, winter season. Donate used or new winter clothing – help others keep warm through Kidtivity.com!
- The Palace Theater in Waterbury, in partnership with Fox 61 and the United Way of Greater Waterbury are working together to help those in need this winter and are asking for your donation of new or gently used winter outerwear now through November 17. As a way of saying thank you for donating any of these items: winter boots, coats, hats, scarves or gloves, you can enjoy up to $15 off tickets to one of these select performances of Les Misérables: December 3, 4 (evening only) or 5. Clothing items may be dropped off at the Palace Theater Box Office Lobby.
The engagement of Les Misérables runs December 3-8. For more information call the theater’s Box office at 203.346.2000 or visit the website www.palacetheaterct.org.
- Best Cleaners continues to host its annual Coats for Connecticut – find drop off spots – starting November 7. Temperatures are dropping already and so the need for winter coats is high! Now is the time to clean out your closets and put those outgrown and no longer worn coats and jackets to good use by donating them at any of Best’s 13 locations. Each week through November 23, Best will clean and deliver all donated coats to the Salvation Army for distribution to individuals and families in need throughout Connecticut. Campaign Partners: Salvation Army, Eyewitness News 3, Young’s Printing & Fast Signs, and Two Men and A Truck.
- Button Up Connecticut is a large and longstanding coat drive. Local CT residents, local organizations, large companies collect new and gently used coats and distribute to the those in need. Dan Siracusa of Siracusa Moving and Storage started Button Up Connecticut in 1992. In the last 20 years, over 750,000 coats have been distributed to CT men, women, and children. Individuals and organizations like shelters, churches, food pantries can make requests for coats. Siracusa’s Moving offers their warehouse at 250 Commerce Circle, New Britain, CT 06051. Coats will be distributed from the warehouse in New Britain by appointment only. To set up an appointment, please email Kara at email@example.com or call the Button Up Connecticut Hotline at 860-259-0239. For large companies or schools with collections greater than 100 coats they can arrange a pickup. They have drop off locations throughout the state. Pick one near you.
- One Warm Coat is a national non-profit organization that works to provide a free, warm coat to any person in need. One Warm Coat supports individuals, groups, companies and organizations across the country by providing the tools and resources needed to hold a successful coat drive. You can donate at one of the many retail locations near you.
- For winter clothing needs in CT the Network of Care’s website features locations that will welcome your donations!
There is a great need out there and our goal is to fill it as best we can! #fullfillLOCALneeds – Learn about more service projects with us every month.