AngelRide is one of New England’s premier charity bicycle rides, providing riders, volunteers, sponsors and donors with a two-day experience unlike any other. From the athletic challenge of the 135-mile ride, to the camaraderie of the riders and volunteers, to the direct impact on the lives of children with serious illnesses, it’s easy to see why AngelRide has become a Memorial Day weekend tradition for so many.
Quick facts about AngelRide:
- Presented by Angel Charitable Trust, an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) non-profit
- 100% of the rider donations benefit children with serious illnesses
- Named for Angela “Angel” Uihlein, diagnosed with leukemia at age 12
- Nearly $4 million raised since 2004
- More than 375 riders and 350 volunteers each year
- More than 6,000 annual donors and sponsors
- Tax ID # 05-6138536
- 2004: The first AngelRide – 32 riders, supporting Hole in the Wall Gang Camp and financially distressed families of children with cancer
- 2005: AngelRide profits provide a laptop to every child in Connecticut with cancer and the remaining funds go to the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp
- 2007: Profits are dedicated to Hole in the Wall Gang Camp’s Hospital Outreach Program
- 2012: $655,000 raised for the cause
- 2013: AngelRide celebrates its 10th anniversary ride
- 2013: Over $750,000 raised
There are many options for AngelRiders of all ages to get involved:
- Two-Day Ride: Ride 135.4 miles across Connecticut over the course of two days. The two-day ride begins in Norfolk, CT, and extends 85 miles to the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp in Ashford, CT. Day two begins at camp and ends 50 miles away in Mystic, CT. Register here!
- One-Day Ride: Sunday only; ride 50 miles from the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp to Mystic, CT. Register here!
- Young Adult AngelRide: For ages 11-14, this 22-mile ride begins in Hopeville State Park on day two and ends in Mystic, CT. Register here!
- Young AngelRide: For ages 7 to 11, this is a 6.5 mile ride in Mystic, CT.Register here!
AngelRide Quick Facts for Riders:
- Full charity bicycle ride = 2 days
- Various ride options available
- Day 1 = 85 miles, from Northwest CT to the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, Ashford, CT
- Day 2 = 50 miles, to Mystic, CT
- More than 350 volunteers, including motorcycle escorts and SAG vehicles
- Amazing overnight experience for two-day riders at the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp
- Luggage transport
- Rider transport from Mystic to start location
- Food/rest stops every 15-20 miles
- Fabulous food, provided by Mohegan Sun
- Mechanical assistance throughout
- Rider apparel and prizes
- Finish line BBQ celebration